PRODUCT NEWS: Counting every ounce? So are Jetboil!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 24 Mar 2016
Jetboil - Flash Lite, 3 kbThe newest personal cooking system from Jetboil is ideal for the outdoor enthusiast who is keen on shedding the excess weight.

Read more
 Dell 24 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

"Counting every ounce? So are Jetboil!"

How much does it weigh then? In ounces.
 jezb1 24 Mar 2016

No mention of the actual weight??
 neuromancer 24 Mar 2016

So this is just a zip with a different handle?

90% of the weight saving comes from just using a smaller cup.

Surprise surprise.
 RR 24 Mar 2016

Hope this lid fits better to the pot then the lid on the Sole Titanium. Which caused me a third degree burn of my foot.
 Ron Walker 24 Mar 2016
In reply to RR:
Yes, I had to file the titanium bayonet connection too as it was very stiff and would suddenly release resulting in scalding, that was before the alloy heat exchanger delaminated from the pot and the insulation sleeve fell apart!
Post edited at 16:16
 Dell 24 Mar 2016
In reply to jezb1:

That's more or less what I said. Get yer own snarky comments!
 galpinos 24 Mar 2016
In reply to Ron Walker:

Hmmm, sounds like a MSR Reactor/Windburner might be a better bet.....

bouldery bits 24 Mar 2016

Got to say I disagree with the majority of these comments. My old JB flash is great
 RR 25 Mar 2016
In reply to bouldery bits:

As one could say nowadays there are no cars with leaking roofs, so what are "we" complaining about it, they are all good! Compared to what, how long time ago? Some of the design flaws are more severe then the others. Of course I also know, as you know as well, at least a couple of million Chinese are cooking on way more inferior stoves, technical seen, then the Jetboil every day. So what the hack I (we are) am complaining about? I still feel privileged to own a Jetboil and some other stoves. But to make a step forward those comments have a need. I think, most people commenting are not against or pro but want to improve the design, that is why.
 IPPurewater 27 Mar 2016
In reply to Dell:

> "Counting every ounce? So are Jetboil!"

> How much does it weigh then? In ounces.

11 oz or 310g.
 galpinos 27 Mar 2016
In reply to RR:

If I'd spent £150 (or whatever they cost) on a Jetboils Sol Ti I'd hope I didn't get burnt every time I tried to take the lid off...
 RR 27 Mar 2016
In reply to galpinos:

@ Galpinos ☺ I have now a Wind burner and a Reactor (until now no incidents. You never know who is to blame). Anyways the physical and the financial price of a good burner with a good lid is less painful then the time spent in the burn center (hospital).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...