VIDEO: Wild Scotland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Videos 23 Mar 2016
[Wild Scotland]
I've spent the last few months travelling up and down the country capturing locations, carefully planning my schedule to take advantage of the best light, be that dawn or dusk. I was lucky to experience a prolonged spell of good weather so filming this was a much faster process than for my first aerial film; Beautiful Scotland. Locations in order – An Teallach; Ardnamurchan lighthouse; Bidein A' Ghlas Thuill; Mangersta Sea Stacks, Isle of Harris; Suilven; Luskentyre Beach, Isle of Harris; Callanish Standing stones, Isle of Lewis; Duncansby Bay (Seal shot); Tantallon Castle; Bass Rock; Ardnamurchan; Duncansby sea stacks; Glen Etive; Castle Stalker; Arisaig; Forth Rail Bridge; Neist Point, Isle of Skye

Watch the video: http://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=3076
 Fraser 23 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC Videos:

Great video - excellent work. I loved the last scene with the lone deer.
 chris_s 23 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC Videos:

Amazing photography and good to hear the sound getting as much attention as the pictures. Really makes the film
 aln 23 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC Videos:

Absolutely gorgeous. Makes me want to get out there.
 Patrick Roman 23 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC Videos:

Really nice!
 Route Adjuster 23 Mar 2016

Stunning.
 BruceM 23 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC Videos:

Nice scenes. Looks like a lot of fun to make. Also agree about the sound being great, compared to many recent films on here where sound is all over the show. Compression and EQ and all that. Well polished. I like it.

Constructive critique (hopefully): I wish all the tracking/panning/zooming shots were separated with as many stationary shots. I guess everyone flies cameras rather than uses a tripod nowadays. But all the motion gets a bit overdone and detracts from the story. I think in another year or two, movies full of these kinds of shots will look very dated and "has-been". Like any FX: if the viewer detects it, it is too much. But maybe that is just me
 Mal Grey 23 Mar 2016
In reply to UKC Videos:

Beautiful!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...