PRODUCT NEWS: ISPO 2016 - What's New? Mountain Clothing Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 03 Feb 2016
Trade Show Montage - mountain clothing, 4 kbThe UKC team recently returned from the annual gear-fest that is ISPO in Munich. There were some exciting new products on offer in the mountain clothing range with improvements and innovation aplenty.

Read more
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Right, Nick/Natalie - which one of you two decided to use what is possibly the world's worst photo of me on the homepage?!?

As if the videos aren't embarrassing enough...
 BnB 04 Feb 2016
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Rob, you come across really well in the videos (your articles are first rate too) and your hair must be the envy of every middle aged punter on UKC, but please don't join in with the inappropriate and excessive use of the word "iconic". It's already the most abused term in marketing. Arcteryx's Atom LT is iconic, damn it Ron Hills are iconic, but something that no one has even seen yet, let alone owns or wears, cannot be so.
In reply to BnB:
Point taken.

I have actively avoided using buzz words such as 'game changer' and - my personal favourite - 'market disruptive' (even though it is hard to imagine anyone using the latter in a serious manner). Nonetheless, you're quite right - the word iconic should also be avoided!

I'll keep you posted with the latest buzz-words after Friedrichshafen, I'm figuring that's all people want to know anyway - they always bring a smile to my face
Post edited at 09:25
 BnB 04 Feb 2016

For balance, how about some embarrassing adoption (inappropriation?) of youthspeak by a middle aged man. Stoked dude!!

Laters
 planetmarshall 04 Feb 2016

> Point taken.

> I have actively avoided using buzz words such as 'game changer' and - my personal favourite - 'market disruptive' (even though it is hard to imagine anyone using the latter in a serious manner).

Please don't, it'll ruin the "Rob Greenwood Buzzword Drinking Game" I've been working on.

In reply to BnB:

> For balance, how about some embarrassing adoption (inappropriation?) of youthspeak by a middle aged man.

That's my job!

Great bants about the bear good kit at ISPO!

Alan (who has the benefit of being able to call on a 14-year old daughter)
 Mike Highbury 04 Feb 2016
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:
> Great bants about the bear good kit at ISPO!

She says bare good?

In reply to Mike Highbury:

> She says bare good?

Not sure which kind of 'bear/bare' it is but it seems to be a universal word for 'very'...

... for this week, at least.

Alan
 ianstevens 04 Feb 2016
> Not sure which kind of 'bear/bare' it is but it seems to be a universal word for 'very'...

> ... for this week, at least.

> Alan

I was hoping that this practice had died 10 years ago. Apparently not, those crazy school kids.
Post edited at 11:21
 airborne 04 Feb 2016

It's often my dubious role to write product descriptions and media releases, trying to avoid certain words & phrases that get totally overused yet mean nothing. 'Innovative' is usually the worst offender...
 planetmarshall 04 Feb 2016

> Great bants about the bear good kit at ISPO!

I assumed one of Boswell's sponsors had brought out some grizzly defence gear...

Karakoramian 04 Feb 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Yesterday, I was literally unpacking my new Alpha SV jacket minutes before seeing the video of the new "lighter" Alpha SV!

I think it will take time for the new one to be available but still, not a good feeling lol
 BnB 04 Feb 2016
In reply to Karakormian:

The new lighter one will tear on its first outing. Be happy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...