The Cowboy movie in the Banff Mountain Film Festival

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 17 Jan 2016

Called "Unbranded", I wonder if it will be shown to UK audiences when the Film Festival gets there?

youtube.com/watch?v=uQmmaiWHYHQ&
Post edited at 03:12
 mary 17 Jan 2016
In reply to Removed User:

Yep I get to see it!
You have a fantastic set of photographs.
M
Removed User 17 Jan 2016
In reply to mary:
When does the BMFF hit the UK?
Post edited at 15:41
Removed User 17 Jan 2016
In reply to mary:

Hmmm.You lot get short changed. Our programme included 10 films although we didn't get the Fitzroy traverse which I'd like to have seen.

I'll be interested to see how British audiences recieve "unbranded".
 Dauphin 17 Jan 2016

Trailer looks technically very good and the subject for a Brit who knows nothing of this life interests me; but the flavour documentary plotting, of the "heroes journey" up against incredible odds leaves me cold tbh. Its a tedious trope of mainstream 'action' film making and I find its increasingly infecting adventure film documentaries. Maybe this is just the trailer which attempts to pull in an audience with a mainstream hook. Sorry I'm a boring old curmudgeon who grew up watching French and art house cinema. The stuff that stood out at Kendal this year for me was an entirely different sort of story or way to tell a story such as Stonis or Operation Moffat. Why are you so interested in what a Brit audience will make of it, it must of had an effect on yourself?

D
Removed User 18 Jan 2016
In reply to Dauphin:

As a Brit who lives in North America (albeit Canada) I would think that some of the footage might be more concerning to British sensitivity on animal welfare than it is over here. That isn't to say that there aren't welfare activists over here and, in fact, the whole film (you can get the full version on Netflix) shows that much of the controversy around the Mustangs is driven by welfare concerns.

I guess also, I'm thinking the level of interst there would be less as, although there are some wonderful scenery shots it really ins't a typical BMFF topic even if it did win people's choice.

It is a great film though and I did thoroughly enjoy it.
 Dauphin 18 Jan 2016

I'll give it a go. I'll have a look on Netflix here. Cinematography looked great even if I don't like it.

D

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...