REVIEW: Primus Lite+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 08 Oct 2015
Primus Lite+, 5 kbThe Lite+ from Primus is one of the lightest and smallest stoves of this 'stove system' type on the market, making it a good choice for summer alpinism or for those simply wishing for a crag stove to brew up with throughout the winter months (the ultimate luxury).

The pan/cup part is 500ml in size and will fit one of the smallest size gas canisters in it, along with all parts of the stove itself. This smaller size is great for individuals, or those needing to shave off the grams, but does mean you might have to make several brews if there are two or three people!

Read more

Misha 09 Oct 2015
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Yes, very good for alpine bivvies. Lightweight, doesn't take up much space and very quiet, plus a handy auto ignition button (matches etc work as well of course, should the button fail). Obviously heavier and bulkier than a pocket rocket but more efficient. I think MSR have a stove which is even more efficient but I haven't had an opportunity to test them side by side. Would be nice to have a wider cooking pot attachment which would fit a 230ml gas cartridge inside.
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

The wire oft the piezo igniter of my Primus ETA Lite melted into a drop after a a few weeks of use and then broke off rendering it useless. Any others with similar problems?
 Dell 10 Oct 2015
In reply to Sir Stefan:

It's a common complaint, I wonder if there's an easy fix?
 HeMa 11 Oct 2015
In reply to Sir Stefan:

Nope
> The wire oft the piezo igniter of my Primus ETA Lite melted into a drop after a a few weeks of use and then broke off rendering it useless. Any others with similar problems?

Nope, but the ceramic around it broke making it discharge the current at the wrong place... I think I'll be forgetting about them piezos and just using lighters/matches.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...