jetboil burners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climber david 29 Sep 2015
Does anyone know if the jetboil zip burner and the flash burner are any different apart from the igniter? Does one put out a different amount of heat from the other? I know the flash cup will fit on the zip burner and vice versa but would the zip burner heat a flash cup as fast as a flash burner?

Thanks for any thoughts

David
OP climber david 29 Sep 2015
In reply to climber david:

anyone got any ideas? I've seen a flash cup and zip burner combo for sale at a good price and I'm wondering if it would boil any slower and if so how much slower

Cheers

David
 DanMc 29 Sep 2015

Not a scientific answer but I have a flash and my friend has a zip. Have not noticed any difference other than that when he forgets his matches I have to use my sparker to light his stove :P
OP climber david 30 Sep 2015
In reply to DanMc:

i dont do much science anyway so that suits me! I was wondering because the zip is a smaller cup than the flash so wondered if the burner was smaller. cheers
 MattJ753 30 Sep 2015

I wouldn't worry about the difference....just buy a MSR Windburner!
In reply to MattJ753:

Not for an extra £40!
 MattJ753 30 Sep 2015

Fair shout.... I dunno what Jetboil's are goin for, but you can get a Windburner for 90 if you look around.
In reply to MattJ753:

Decathlon have jetboil zips for £60 if theyre in stock at your local store. I've found somewhere that sells a zip burner and flash cup for £62.50 which is why I was asking if the zip burner had the same heat output as the flash burner. The same place sold the flash burner and cup for £70

David

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...