Emmet E9

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Mark Reeves 31 Oct 2003
If any one is bored or heaven forbid genuinely interested then there is a media download of Tim failling on his anglesey E9 at

www.adventure-media.co.uk

along with a short on the DWS fest. and a trailer to a forthcoming film Duty Paid
 Fiend 31 Oct 2003
In reply to Mark Reeves:

I was genuinely interested but the video is disappointing, too small, too far away to see how gnarly is, and he just drops off. Hardly the last word in gripping view, which is a pity as the route sounds very exciting.
 Bob 31 Oct 2003
In reply to Mark Reeves:

Wait a minute! Is this the route that the current edition of Climber reckons that Tim did on-sight first time?

Bob
OP SHAMONE! 01 Nov 2003
In reply to Mark Reeves: I don't know who put this site together, but basic grammatical and spelling errors hardly make the site look proffesional. Sorry to say that I'm not impressed. Video's of people falling off E9's are great fun to watch, but present them a bit better, and get higher quality footage then we might actually be able to enjoy it!
OP Johners 01 Nov 2003
In reply to Mark Reeves: Yes but is it harder than Seperate Reality ?
 Jamie B 01 Nov 2003
In reply to Bob:

> Wait a minute! Is this the route that the current edition of Climber reckons that Tim did on-sight first time?

I think we'd have heard a bit more about an E9 on-sight!

JAMIE B>

random gary 01 Nov 2003
In reply to Fiend: why cant i watch it, whats wrong with me computer
Simon Panton 01 Nov 2003
In reply to Bob: What do you mean? He headpointed it. I write the N Wales scene report for Climber and I certainly never said he onsighted it.

E9 onsight would be front page news - I think even the Sun would run with a story that big.

Simon.
random gary 01 Nov 2003
In reply to Simon Panton: agree with that, ive got it infront of me and theres no mention of him onsighting it
 Bob 01 Nov 2003
In reply to Simon Panton:

Just re-read your piece. I'd gone from the caption to the photo which says "cruising", I took this to mean on-sight though it does say in the text that Tim is a great headpointer.

Bob
 alan edmonds 01 Nov 2003
In reply to SHAMONE!:
> (In reply to Mark Reeves) I don't know who put this site together, but basic grammatical and spelling errors hardly make the site look proffesional. Sorry to say that I'm not impressed.

Always a danger in pontificating on spelling when making errors oneself i.e. as in professional!
OP Mark Reeves 01 Nov 2003
In reply to Mark Reeves:
Cheers for the Feedback your right the Emmet video is poor. It was meant to go on the web a while ago, as in the week he did it. Unfortunately I don't have a computor at home at the moment, don't really have a home either. As for the spelling and grammatical errors fair point I won't rush the next one so much.

If anyone has broadband and can tell me how long these thing took to download then I might experiment in bigger files the thing is they are uploaded via a 56kps antique modem.
Neal H 01 Nov 2003
In reply to Mark Reeves: I didn't realise there was so many snuff merchants out there in the climbing scene, maybe they should take up competitive sky diving!

I talked to Lana (Tims bird- don't argue lana!) shortly after the ascent and there was no question that she knew what the deal was as belayer, and I have to say sometimes the belayer has a colder and harder sense of reality than the climber, just a perspective thing!

Oh and the snuff merchants can go back to trolling the americam sites which deal so well with their needs.
The Queen Mother 02 Nov 2003
In reply to Mark Reeves: Great, but what's he ever done on Stanage!!

Actually, a very nice effort, well done Timothy!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...