Metolius Deluxe Mounting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Stodders 10 Aug 2015
Hey guys, just bought my first ever hangboard/training board and wanted to ask a couple of questions and for some advice on mounting it. Ive got the metolius wood grips deluxe, seems fantastic and ive found a great place to hang it in my house, got a masonry arch about 6.5 feet off the floor with tons of headroom.
Firstly off i was wondering if ply is necessary when the stone seems good, i imagine it is if even for the sake of the longevity of the hangboard, but any advice would be great.
Secondly i was wandering whether the screws provided were useful, as they seem significantly longer than the board is thick, and would probably go through any ply i put up.
Lastly, and mostly out of curiosity, the board comes with two rubber patches attached to the back of the board, that seem to be able to rotate, and have a hole in them, which I would would assume to be for a screw to pass through, but the patch completely covers one screw hole and the hole in the rubber only partially reveals the other, leading me to question the point of it in the first place. I imagine this point only makes sense if you actually have seen the patches or own the metolius, but and idea why would be great.
Sorry for waffling and looking forward to getting some great training in.
Cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...