Re-proofing E-vent

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 VS4b 30 Jul 2015
I've got an event jacket from quite a few years ago that could do with being re-proofed i think. Whats the best product to use for this?
 ciaran1999 30 Jul 2015
In reply to VS4b:

Wash in non-bio detergent at 40 degrees to remove old grease and oil, then wash in Nikwax Techwash on a quick cycle to remove detergents, then another quick wash with Nikwax TX Direct. Check all this corresponds with the washing instructions on the individual jacket and it should be back to like new. If you can tumble dry it on a low heat this may help to re-activate some of the original DWR
 AlisonSmiles 30 Jul 2015
In reply to ciaran1999:

If you can't tumble dry it, check the label but mine says to iron it on a low heat to re-activate. Check the label first though, wouldn't want to be responsible for any melting ...
 CurlyStevo 30 Jul 2015
In reply to ciaran1999:

BTW I know event recommend normal detergent but in my experience it can ruin the DWR. I've only ever used pure soap on event, I guess I wash my jackets fairly regularly, never had a problem doing this and the DWR stays in tact longer IMO.
 gethin_allen 30 Jul 2015
In reply to ciaran1999:

+1 for this although I'd go for a spray on re-proofer rather than a wash in version, I find that they maintain breathability better.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...