Bothies by Bike - Eight of the Best

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH Articles 19 May 2015
Luib Chonnal montage, 3 kbGeoff Allan is working through every MBA-maintained bothy in Scotland on a combination of public transport and bike. He is currently completing a book about his favourites. Some bothies are best accessed on two wheels, he reckons, and here are a few of his recommendations.

Read more at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/articles/page.php?id=6797
 peterj 19 May 2015
In reply to UKH Articles:

Great article Geoff, looking forward to the completed work.

Cheers

Pete
mistergeoff 20 May 2015
In reply to peterj:

Thanks Pete, its been a long old road but the finishing straight is finally coming into view. When I started out I didn't think the logistics would be that complicated, but how naive I was. I really didn't consider how much planning is involved to get out to some of the more far flung locations, in good weather, and attempt to get consistently high quality photography for the book! I now have a real appreciation of how much work was involved for Colin Baxter, and my particular inspiration Colin Prior, to get those iconic shots for their calendars and coffee table books.
mistergeoff 20 May 2015
In reply to mistergeoff:

and its very remiss of me not to mention the fantastic work of the MBA which has made all my adventures possible...they are a marvellous organisation, a very big thank you, and expect me on a work party soon...am very handy with a paint brush

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...