NEWS: Climber Dies in Liathach Avalanche

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH News 01 Feb 2015
Spidean Coire nan Clach to Liathach, 3 kbA man died on Friday when a party of two were avalanched on Liathach. The accident took place in Coireag Dubh Mor on a day of heavy snowfall.

Read more at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/news/item.php?id=69475
 Martin Hore 01 Feb 2015
In reply to UKH News:

Journalists from three national and one local newspaper have emailed the contacts list on the Ipswich Mountaineering Club website clearly trying to elicit the names of those involved before the names are released by the police. Not very edifying practice I fear, but probably to be expected.

I don't myself know who was involved, but obviously a very tragic incident - condolences to all involved.

If anyone reading this thread does know the people involved I would them urge not to publish the names unless sure that the next of kin have been notified and are happy for the names to be released

Martin Hore

DaveHK 02 Feb 2015
In reply to Martin Hore:

> Journalists from three national and one local newspaper have emailed the contacts list on the Ipswich Mountaineering Club website clearly trying to elicit the names of those involved before the names are released by the police. Not very edifying practice I fear, but probably to be expected.

This, sadly, is quite common. When I worked at a wall we sometimes got calls from the press looking for victims details on the off chance that we knew them or they were on our database.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...