NEW REVIEW: Mountain Hardwear Mixaction and Seraction Jackets

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 16 Dec 2014
MHW Jackets Review, 4 kbViv Scott tests out two different but high performing jackets from Mountain Hardwear.

From the Matterhorn North Face to wet crags in Scotland, he throws it all at the Mixaction and Seraction, and he comes out dry... mostly.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=6851

TobyA 16 Dec 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Interest Viv - you seem to have had exactly the same thoughts about the hybrid Mixaction as I had about the Arcteryx Alpha Comp Hoody - not really surprising as they basically are designed the same way.

It would be interesting to know if these hybrids find a niche - my suspicion is perhaps not in the UK at least?
 HeMa 17 Dec 2014
In reply to TobyA:

Well, the even worse Patagucci Mixed Guide jacket is actually rather good for most of the longer ice & mixed stuff in Norway and most likely in the Alps as well...

Perhaps not the optimal one for Scotland, but I seemed to fair ok with mine.
 Qwertilot 18 Dec 2014
In reply to TobyA:

I actually use my vaguely similar Norrona thing (although windstopper upper and a little less of it) as a Spring/Autumn soft shell for long distance wandering etc in the UK. Basically just a deluxe windshirt with a very, very nice hood, pockets etc.

The air permeability helps there with being able to keep wearing it under most conditions.

Not what its designed for and objectively considerable overkill - especially in terms of price - but the functionality is probably a pretty good fit to the needs.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...