NEW REVIEW: Salewa Vertical Pro mountain boot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 01 Dec 2014
Loving the chunky lugs, 4 kbSalewa may not be the biggest name in the UK footwear market, but the three mountain boots in its Pro range hold their own beside comparable models from more established brands.

Dan Bailey finds out more...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=6212

RoK 01 Dec 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

The Salewa blurb gives 990g as the weight per boot. This must be for the smallest women's size given the disparity between the two reported weights. Size 47s are fairly big after all.
Unless someone needs a new kitchen scale that is.

I liked the review, fairly in depth
Cheers.
 thedatastream 02 Dec 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

Thorough review, thanks Dan. I bought a pair of the Pro Guides last month and just wearing them on "breaking in" walks around the local area I've been impressed with the comfort and the fit. The switchability between B2-ish and B3 is great. Looking forward to getting out in the snow with them this winter.

FYI, Black Diamond Sabretooth crampons fit just fine.
 telemarker 02 Dec 2014
In reply to UKC Gear:

I bought the Pro Guides for use in MRT and they are the best winter boots I have ever owned. I use orthotics and was dubious about the blister free guarantee due to my heel not being fully in the heel cup but I have never had a problem.

The option of widths really appealed to me after having problems with both Scarpa and La Sportiva.

The only question is how long will the mechanism last with grit etc getting into it. So far though, 1 year in, they are still performing. Top boots in my eyes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...