NEW ARTICLE: Blue Remembered Hills: A 46 Year Munro Round

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH Articles 22 May 2014
Looking for a bivvy site on Aonach Beag, 3 kbSean Kelly started bagging Munros back in 1968, though he didn't know it at the time. He's still got a few to go. Sean's photo gallery is in the Top 10 on the site, and we've used some of his best to go with this feature.

Read more at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/articles/page.php?id=6351
 stevesmith 31 May 2014
In reply to UKH Articles:

A great article, Sean, written with real passion. You describe really well the slow burning growth of the Munro obsession, once the fuse has been lit. I especially enjoyed your reminiscences about Mick Geddes, who I knew at Cambridge. Perhaps you also remember the howff in Coire Ardair, below Creag Meagaidh? Geddes and I, and a number of other CUMC people stayed there in winter in the early 1970s, and enjoyed the luxury of foam mattresses (soaking wet, of course) upstairs (upstairs! In a howff!), and the paraffin heater downstairs - no paraffin, but we found a tin of Cuprinol in a dark corner, and that burnt with a beautiful green flame. The next day we bagged Meagaidh, with Geddes sharing round his frozen Jaffa cakes with a fox-like grin. Happy days, and like you I haven't quite finished.

Steve
 Nadir khan 01 Jun 2014
In reply to UKH Articles: great images Sean , well done

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...