UKC

NEWS: Borrowdale Road Closed For Six Weeks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 10 Feb 2014
Borrowdale road - needs more work than originally thought , 4 kbThe B5289 down Borrowdale is closed for emergency repair work from this morning. The busy road along the east side of Derwent Water is shut both ways at the point where the side road climbs up to Watendlath.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68705
pasbury 10 Feb 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Sounds like it'll be blissful cycling/walking around Borrowdale for a while. I wish the same would happen in Cheddar Gorge or the Pass.
 Arms Cliff 10 Feb 2014
In reply to pasbury:

Although not such good news for cyclists with Whinlatter and Honister as their aims!
 andy 10 Feb 2014
In reply to Arms Cliff:

Hope it's fixed for the Fred...
 Bob 10 Feb 2014
In reply to andy:

Well 6 weeks takes it to the beginning of April so there'd have to be about a 6 week overrun on the works to really cause any probs.
 Rob Parsons 10 Feb 2014
In reply to Arms Cliff:

> Although not such good news for cyclists with Whinlatter and Honister as their aims!

As the article says, cyclists can get through the closed bit of road.
 Arms Cliff 10 Feb 2014
In reply to Rob Parsons:

As the article says: 'An official diversion takes traffic on a roundabout route via Whinlatter, Buttermere and the Honister Pass.'
 andy 10 Feb 2014
In reply to Bob:

> Well 6 weeks takes it to the beginning of April so there'd have to be about a 6 week overrun on the works to really cause any probs.

I know that, Robert - but this is Cumbria CC we're talking about. They took two years to fix a bridge at Nibthwaite, remember (actually - that's Ni'th't to you...).
 Rob Parsons 10 Feb 2014
In reply to Arms Cliff:

We must be at cross purposes.

You wrote: 'Although not such good news for cyclists with Whinlatter and Honister as their aims!' But there is no problem getting to those passes despite the road work.
 Rob Parsons 10 Feb 2014
In reply to Arms Cliff:

Oh I see: you mean that there will be more traffic there. Fair enough.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...