UKC

NEWS: UKC/UKH-er Commended in Global Photo Comp

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 05 Feb 2014
Lac Blanc...dawn glow, 3 kbSite user Shaun Walby has had an image commended in this year's Sony World Photographic Awards. His stunning reflective photo of Lac Blanc made the top 50 out of 140,000 entries from 166 countries.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68695
 jon 05 Feb 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Congratulations, Shaun!
 Robert Durran 05 Feb 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Although it's nice enough, I have to admit to finding this photo underwhelming in a rather bland and cliched way. Maybe it's just me though. having said that, some of his others such as this one http://shaunwalbyphotography.com/morning-light-grandes-jorasses I find really stunning - the freshest take I've seen of a much photographed view.
 jon 05 Feb 2014
In reply to Robert Durran:

That one owes its appeal to the brilliance of the Charmoz, though. Perhaps needs renaming Shaun?!
 shaun walby 05 Feb 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Rob and Jon...yer the lac blanc and morning light were shot the same morning, naming was basically down to the fact the Jorrasses is much more known than the Charmoz, it could have been named after any of its key elements i suppose?

Incidently morning light was short listed in last years kendal mountain film festival.
 Martin Haworth 05 Feb 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Really well done Shaun, one of many great photos you've taken.
 chris gooder 05 Feb 2014
In reply to UKC News:

Yes great news Shaun, I remember you concentrating on taking photo's that holiday instead of climbing with us. Good call, well done.
 shaun walby 06 Feb 2014
In reply to Martin & Chris

Cheers fellas....I,ll get some climbing shots of you two at some point iam sure,are you climbing Ailfroide and Cham this summer, keep me posted....ta.

lithos 06 Feb 2014
In reply to shaun walby:

nice one Shaun, hope all is good
 shaun walby 07 Feb 2014
In reply to Lithos

Cheers mate yer fair to middle, last days in the Lakes saw the sun today....... briefly. Snow rubbish care needed.

Neil R 07 Feb 2014
In reply to UKC News: Congratulations Shaun. Still enjoying the landscape I bought from your site.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...