UKC

NEWS: CHRISTMAS VID: A year in the Mountains 2013

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 20 Dec 2013
A year in the Mountains 2013, 3 kb

This week's video comes from Rob Johnson, an MIC based in Snowdonia. The video follows him round as he works and plays in the mountains both at home and away, including Scotland and the Alps.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=68595
 John Cooke 20 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

I absolutely loved watching this. Super inspiring! Thanks
 gethin_allen 20 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Really nice vid although the best shot has to be taken by the dog.
 ralphio 20 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

I want this guy's life
 Yanis Nayu 21 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Great video)
 Dan Hale 21 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant, inspirational
 NottsRich 21 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Good wee vid, thanks. It makes up a bit for pants Scottish conditions at the moment!
 spearing05 21 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

If you're following this Rob, looks like you're using apexes with the larger mountain adze. Is this much different to the standard and is it worth it for Scottish winter (hoping to push V this year)?
 Rob Johnson 21 Dec 2013
In reply to spearing05:

Hi, I am not sure what size adze mine have, I got them in the first batch at the same time as some friends and we each ended up with something slightly different!

I have found them brilliant axes, so much so that I have sold my Quarks and Nomics. I must admit the size of the adze wouldn't worry me too much on the steeper Scottish routes, they have been great on mixed stuff like Savage Slit and big ice routes like Orion Face Direct last winter, as well as the big Alpine routes and water ice in Rjukan.

Hope that helps, Rob.
 Martin Davies 21 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Wow, incredible. I need to get out more!! Super inspiring.
 spearing05 21 Dec 2013
In reply to Rob Johnson:

Cheers Rob,

That was kind of my thinking which was why I didn't spend the extra, however your adze looked a lot bigger in the video so just wandered whether it was something you had chosen to change.

Just waiting to use mine, they're my first new axes having learnt the ropes on an ancient second hand pair. Just hope they turn out as good as they feel and everyone says.

Pete
 Paul Troon 22 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Wonder full do have any jobs!
Blessing this This Christmas
Paul
 trys 22 Dec 2013
Beautiful vid Rob, loving the arial shots and the perma-smile. Thank you.
 Trevers 22 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Your dog is epic!
 ericinbristol 23 Dec 2013
In reply to UKC News:

Many thanks Rob. Inspiring. The kind of thing I would show to people to communicate a lot of what I love about it all (mind you I also like redpoint sieges...)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...