Cotswold

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 02 Sep 2013
I've just tried to ring my local Cotswold store(Betws y Coed) After I dialled the number there was silence and no ringing tone. After two more attempts I tried the Rock Bottom(just along the road. Sames result. I then tried five other branches and none of the numbers rang. I've called other people's numbers and they've rung ok and answered.

Any telephone experts out there who might know what's going on, or has something happened to Cotswold?
 xplorer 02 Sep 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

You have got to be the biggest offender of strange threads. Surely you could easily solve this problem, by visiting your local shop or sending them an email.

OP mypyrex 02 Sep 2013
In reply to xplorer: I posted the thread to see if anyone else was encountering problems. It seemed strange to me that every Cotswold number I tried seemed to be inaccessible. Do YOU not find that odd? Why do you have to be so objectionable about it?
 Little Brew 02 Sep 2013
In reply to mypyrex: 01527 861751 is the number quoted on an order I placed last night, give that a go...
OP mypyrex 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Little Brew:
> (In reply to mypyrex) 01527 861751 is the number quoted on an order I placed last night, give that a go...

Thanks, which branch is that?

ByEek 02 Sep 2013
In reply to mypyrex: Maybe they don't do customer service by telephone. The problem with answering the phone in this sort of instance, is the customer always seems to want to tell you about their last trip to the Alps before getting to the point and meanwhile you have a line of customers at the till waiting to pay.
 Dan Lane 02 Sep 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

I can assure you the cotswold in Betws is still there - At least that's where a friend tells me he's working!
OP mypyrex 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Little Brew:
> (In reply to mypyrex) 01527 861751 is the number quoted on an order I placed last night, give that a go...

Nothing - no ringing. Weird.
OP mypyrex 02 Sep 2013
In reply to ByEek:
> (In reply to mypyrex) Maybe they don't do customer service by telephone. The problem with answering the phone in this sort of instance, is the customer always seems to want to tell you about their last trip to the Alps before getting to the point and meanwhile you have a line of customers at the till waiting to pay.
No. ALL Cotswold branches have their own geographical number and I've always got through before.
OP mypyrex 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Dan Lane:
> (In reply to mypyrex)
>
> I can assure you the cotswold in Betws is still there - At least that's where a friend tells me he's working!

Thanks. I was in there on Saturday.

Kirsticles 02 Sep 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

Their phones run through some weird system that they're currently updating.

Send them an email.
OP mypyrex 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Kirsticles:
> (In reply to mypyrex)
>
> Their phones run through some weird system that they're currently updating.
Aaaahhh, that could account for it then.
 Glyno 02 Sep 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

have you tried writing to them?
 Little Brew 02 Sep 2013
In reply to mypyrex: Sorry Droitwich. Heading there to collect an order later, will ask what is going on with the phones then.
OP mypyrex 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Little Brew: Thanks. I've just texted a chap I know who works in the B y C shop. He's obviously not in today but he's going to enquire..
 xplorer 02 Sep 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

For gods sake, just send them an email. If you did that before, you would have had a reply and your question answered by now.

People love drama. Watch coronation street
 Neil Williams 02 Sep 2013
In reply to xplorer:

You think? My experience is that most even vaguely large companies are very slow at answering emails, think 1 week plus.

Neil
 Little Brew 02 Sep 2013
In reply to xplorer: I e-mailed Cotswold last Wednesday about a stock quantity issue, still waiting for a reply - will be asking in person later today.
 xplorer 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Little Brew:

Well posting a thread on UKC isn't going to going to get you answers is it?

This isn't Cotswold, damn Pyrex even knows someone who works there, why didnt he just contact them first.

He loves drama
 Neil Williams 02 Sep 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

I just tried them and I did encounter the same problem, FWIW. I suspect as another has posted their phone system is knackered.

Neil
OP mypyrex 02 Sep 2013
In reply to Neil Williams: Thanks.
OP mypyrex 02 Sep 2013
In reply to xplorer:
You are the only arsehole making a drama out of this. I asked a reasonable question to find out if anyone else was encountering similar problems. I assume from your vitriolic comments that you were incapable of interpreting this. Others have responded to my post in a mature, intelligent manner but you, in your immaturity seem to have to make something else of it.

If you don't like my posts and are incapable of replying intelligently then I suggest you ignore them.

xplorer 02 Sep 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

Come on Pyrex, you could have easily found an answer to your question by emailing, visiting the local shop. Or as we know now contact your friend who works there. Instead you clutter the forum with crap.

Let me know what you want to know and I'll found out for you with ease, just to prove me point.

P.S. your an oap for gods sake. Don't start with the insults
 itsThere 02 Sep 2013
In reply to xplorer: Some people like talking to a real person, getting it sorted. This is why you can call/email any of the shops and ask about something. Normally the phones will be back with a day.
OP mypyrex 02 Sep 2013
In reply to xplorer:
> (In reply to mypyrex)
>
> Come on Pyrex, you could have easily found an answer

From my OP:

"Any telephone experts out there who might know what's going on, or has something happened to Cotswold?"

You seem incapable of interpreting basic English.
KevinD 02 Sep 2013
In reply to xplorer:

He forces you to read his threads? I would report him to the cops for that.
 xplorer 02 Sep 2013
In reply to mypyrex:

Why don't you try a BT forum, probably your best bet. Climbers are not well known for their communication skills.

Seems strange how you have a question to ask Cotswold, but because you can't get through, you then need an answer to a pointless question about why their phone line isn't working.

I bet you have forgot your original question!
 Blue Straggler 02 Sep 2013
In reply to ByEek:
> The problem with answering the phone in this sort of instance, is the customer always seems to want to tell you about their last trip to the Alps before getting to the point

Maybe they know mypyrex's number and have blocked it

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...