NEW REVIEW: Therm-a-Rest Navis Sleeping Bag

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 08 Jul 2013
Therm-a-rest Navis sleeping bag in action, 4 kbSarah Stirling looks at the new range of sleeping bags from Therm-a-Rest, and specifically the Navis bag.

It has 'Synergy Link Connectors' which strap you to your sleeping mat - is this a good idea? And why would you want it?

Read on to find out...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=5624

martinph78 08 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC Gear: Not convinced, sorry. £200 isn't that cheap for a bag rated for (UK) summer use (-4, not a true rating as it requires an insulated jacket to be worn).

I reckon that they have another flop on their hands. There are loads of bags available at this price point or way below, which aren't as limited in my opinion.

Alex Parker 08 Jul 2013
In reply to Martin1978:

I agree with Martin. I was looking forward to the release of their bags but have not been inspired. Also, considering there is no down on the underneath and it is only 3/4 length and has no zip the weight is disappointing too.
 Aigen 08 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC Gear: they say the same thing over and over for5 mins. The bag has elastic straps to slide your sleeping mat through.
 Erik B 10 Jul 2013
In reply to Aigen: classic case of designing something thats not required..ludicrous in fact

just open the zip of your bag and use as a duvet if you want that kind of setup
 richy381 10 Jul 2013
In reply to UKC Gear: Another bag made for short arses. I'm 6'3" and most bags are a tight fit but to put your maximum height at less than 6" is just a joke!
 Ramblin dave 14 Jul 2013
In reply to Martin1978:
Yeah, I've heard the short-length thing and the no-down-on-the-underneath thing both touted as good ideas, and can see why both make sense in principle, but in that case I'd expect them to add up to something significantly lighter than a more conventional bag for similar conditions which as far as I can tell this isn't....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...