UKC

NEWS: Wide Boyz wins at ShAFF

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 25 Feb 2013
ShAFF 2013 Montage image, 4 kbWideBoyz has won the Best Climbing Film at this weekend's Sheffield Adventure Film Festival (Friday 1st to Sunday 3rd March) with both the longer 48 minute British feature film and the shorter 13 minute American edit sharing the top prize. Andy Kirkpatrick's daughter Ella's film My Life: The Big Climb (Alleycat Films) scooped the Silver award with the Bronze going to Honnold 3.0.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67862
 full stottie 26 Feb 2013
In reply to UKC News:

WideBoyz is a great film! Well-deserved first prize. Not only a sweat-inducing climbing film with a crystal clear story line, but also funny, scary and visually inspiring.

The climbers and the cast of interviewees just make it work really well. Even the accidental (?) product placement beside Stevie Haston's teacup was just right.....

Well done the climbers, well done Paul Diffley.
 Chris the Tall 26 Feb 2013
In reply to UKC News:
Looking forward to watching this on Saturday
 Marc C 26 Feb 2013
In reply to UKC News: That Alex Honnold is an absolute beast..though watching him solo I always have my heart in my mouth. Hope the 'Coming Fall' bit of 'Coming Fall 2012' isn't unintended prescience...
 MattH 27 Feb 2013
In reply to UKC News:

I genuinely think that this year's crop of climbing films is the strongest to date. So many very good films.
 Alex Ekins 27 Feb 2013
In reply to UKC News:
In conjunction with the screening of the Wideboyz films there is a exhibition of photographs from the trip on display in the Workstation next to the Showroom.
Cheers
Alex

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...