Dear Mr Armstrong...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 milkyjoe 20 Feb 2013
You got to help dictate the terms on which anyone could win at pro road racing for the best part of a decade (ie that they had to take a pile of drugs to finish highly). You do not get to dictate the terms on which the inquest into this mess will be held.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/21523597

Thank you.
 link 21 Feb 2013
In reply to milkyjoe:

I don't think he reads UKC forums.
 bouldery bits 21 Feb 2013
In reply to link:
> (In reply to milkyjoe)
>
> I don't think he reads UKC forums.

He does. He's actually Al Evans.

Bob Hughes 21 Feb 2013
In reply to milkyjoe:
> You do not get to dictate the terms on which the inquest into this mess will be held.
>
Apparently he does:

Armstrong was initially given until 6 February to meet Usada officials but was allowed a further two weeks to decide whether to be interviewed.

Usada chief executive Travis Tygart said the agency will continue their investigation to clean up cycling without Armstrong.
 Radioactiveman 21 Feb 2013
In reply to milkyjoe:

Apparently he doesn't want to victimise Americans because cycling and the associated doping are mostly a European problem.

Rubbishy 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Radioactiveman:

Really?

He must have conveniently forgotton about the systemic doping in the US cycling team in the 80's and 90's and his pals Flloyd and Tyler.

May be he bought his kit from Marion Jones and her friends.

Lance is such a fud.
 Toby_W 21 Feb 2013
In reply to milkyjoe:

Well he was clearly still lying though his teeth on Oprah so I think it's understandable he doesnt' want to answer similar questions under oath where further lying will increase his chances of going to jail.

Cheers

Toby
Chateauneuf du Boeuf 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Toby_W: Yeah exactly, he's still clinging to that third place in '09. He should re-watch his ride on Ventoux, I did a few weeks ago, compared to a few days before he's a different person. I do think its important though that Lance doesn't take all the doping shame though, there's plenty of others in cycling alone, not to mention those in Spanish tennis and football that have been hinted at and I'd be surprised if this was a uniquely Spanish problem.
 Rubbishy 21 Feb 2013
In reply to Chateauneuf du Boeuf:

Take a look at the results of the Ruta de Sol yesterday - won by Valverde and third on the last stage was one Davide Rebellin.

Who says doping does not pay.
OP milkyjoe 21 Feb 2013
In reply to milkyjoe:

Well I got my bit of venting out of the way. I don't disagree with the point that other US riders/European riders (and also other sports) have their problems. That's just not a reason for him to lead the merry dance and say which bits he will do and won't do.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...