Off piste Tignes to La Plagne circuit

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 David Rose 06 Feb 2013
Last time I was in Tignes I heard there is a great day out to be had in which one skis from Tignes to La Plagne or Les Arcs, across the Paradiski area and then back to Val D'Isere or Tignes. (You can see I am hazy on the details.) Anyone now anything about this? I'm going to be there early April. Am a decent off-piste skier.
 Gael Force 06 Feb 2013
In reply to davidoldfart: Its done quite regularly later in the season, probably best to join an ESF group if you dont know the area well enough yourself. I did it with somebody doing the season there, good day out. It is sign posted at the various links.
 John2 06 Feb 2013
In reply to davidoldfart: It's called the Tour Tarentaise. All of the ski schools in Tignes and Val d'Isere offer it as a regular trip when in condition.

The first time I did it I was with a charming guide from Tignes called Pascale. When we stopped for lunch he told us what we would be doing for the rest of the day. His final words were, 'And then at the end of the day we descend to the village of Villaroger. There, if you like, you can have the village tart. It is very pleasant.' He was right, it was very pleasant.
OP David Rose 07 Feb 2013
In reply to davidoldfart: Thanks for this. I see from the links that usually you have to end up with a taxi ride back from Villaroger to Tignes. Is that essential? I mean, can you ski from Aiguille Rouge or somewhere else at Les Arcs back to Tignes somehow?
Shearwater 07 Feb 2013
In reply to davidoldfart:
There's a nature reserve in the way. Might end up being a bit of a long skin around.
 John2 07 Feb 2013
In reply to davidoldfart: I suppose you could do it on touring skis. It might take a couple of days though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...