New chain rings/chainset

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 existing debt 27 Jan 2013
Time to change my chainrings, can anyone guide me to where I can buy Truvativ 110bcd compact ( 34/50) to stick on my bonty crankset , I can't seem to find anywhere on the Internet,

option 2 is to buy whole new crankset, quite tempted with the tiagra compact, can buy for just under £60 on crc.

Option 3 splash out on 105 crankset, to keep with the bikse theme.....is there a big difference between tiagra and 105? Bearing in mind this will be on a soon to be relegated to winter hack/second bike

Anyone with experience on any of the above?

Thanks in advance

quirky 27 Jan 2013
In reply to existing debt: Have you tried Merlin cycles??
If it is your winter hack i would go cheap and cheerful, there is a difference between 105 and tiagra, (weight, finish) but not that you would notice on a freezing wet and windy winters day!!
 Brass Nipples 27 Jan 2013
In reply to existing debt:

Have a look at strong light chainrings can be ad for less than £15
 Enty 27 Jan 2013

Aren't Travativ the same as SRAM? They look quite expensive, 15 quid for a 34 and 20 quid for 1 50 - I'd buy a new chainset for 15 quid more - SRAM Apex or something like that for 50 quid.

E
OP existing debt 27 Jan 2013
In reply to quirky: Merlincycles are usually my second port of call, they have a very nice ultegra 50/34 for £125...
In reply to Enty: Where are you seeing these for that price,,,
In reply to Enty: This is basically what I have, but dressed up in bontrager stickers

Enty. Where are you buying your bike bits from....
 Enty 27 Jan 2013

Jedi Sports and Bike discount (Germany) postage shit-hot to France, can't see why it would be different to UK.

E
In reply to Enty: Thanks, good shop to go to in the future, they have the 34 but no 50... Delivery is on a fiver,
In reply to A Game of Chance: Thanks, those strong light chain rings look cheap!! Apparently shimano rings won't fit SRAM/truvativ/bonty without a little DIY filing.
 Enty 27 Jan 2013

Just about to order some Fulcrum Quattros for 249€ so I can have my Fulcrum Zeros back off the wife - don't tell her

E
 Enty 27 Jan 2013

Nowt wrong with Stronglight chainrings by the way. just avoid their carbon cranks.

E

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...