Cav and OPQS

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Talius Brute 21 Jan 2013
1 race, 1 win. Nice one Cav, not a bad start to a new team!

https://www.facebook.com/opqscyclingteam
 balmybaldwin 21 Jan 2013
In reply to Talius Brute:

How many does he need to get the tour stage wins record? Can he do it this year with a whole team behind him?

Ive not really paid attention to the competition recently, who are his main rivals? And what are their teams like?

Sorry, I know I should google this but can't be arsed at the mo
 The New NickB 21 Jan 2013
In reply to balmybaldwin:
> (In reply to Talius Brute)
>
> How many does he need to get the tour stage wins record? Can he do it this year with a whole team behind him?
>
> Ive not really paid attention to the competition recently, who are his main rivals? And what are their teams like?
>
> Sorry, I know I should google this but can't be arsed at the mo

Cav has 23 putting him 4th on the all time list Merckx is the top stage taker with 34, a really good year might see Cavendish above Hinault (28) in 2nd, I think Merckx record will take three more tours for Cav.
 JLS 22 Jan 2013

>"who are his main rivals?"

Same as last year, André Greipel from Lotto is likely to be his main challenger in the Tour sprints. I think the Green jersey is always going to be difficult for Cav due to his toys out the pram approach to losing. He doesn't seem to like to keep going for a pragmatic third place in the sprint if he messes it up. This gives the good all rounders like Gilbert and Sagan a chance to be up there in that comp.
 balmybaldwin 22 Jan 2013
In reply to JLS:

Ah, of course, Greipel, had a bit of brain fuzz last night, and couldn't think of names etc. Thanks!

I think Sagan is a shoe-in for the Green simply because of how good he is at the uphill finishes... the question is whether he will be more of a marked man this year
 steev 22 Jan 2013

Greipel is currently racing the Tour Down Under, and his team (Lotto Belisol) are looking very well organised.

The Argos-Shimano team have a promising sprinter in Marcel Kittel too.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...