Rucksack problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
stetalbot 13 Jan 2013
Recently bought a Berghaus Verden rucksack that I used for a 2 dayer from Glenfinnan to Inverie, had about 40 lbs in it, but found that the straps were constantly loosening over the 2 days to the point where it was hanging off my back and I would have to re adjust the back straps, I put this down to newness and that the straps were stretching, but did an over nighter on moel siabod last night and had the same problem but had less weight, has anyone experienced this?
 nniff 13 Jan 2013
In reply to stetalbot:

I used to have a rucksack that did this (still have it actually). I fixed it by putting a piece of webbing tape a few inches long through each buckle, effectively tightening the buckles' grip on the straps.
 Roguevfr 13 Jan 2013
In reply to stetalbot:
So double the excess strap back upwards through the top part of the buckle.
 Denzil 14 Jan 2013
In reply to stetalbot: A bottle of Nikwax wash leaked in my rucksack, so had to put the rucksack on a rinse wash. For the next few weeks the straps were slipping, until enough peat/grit worked their way into the straps to create enough friction. Living in the Dark Peak has some advantages.....
 Crux/Lightwave 21 Jan 2013
In reply to stetalbot:

This is a common but random problem and has all to do with the release angle of the buckle which can be affected by the way the rucksack sits on you. The best way to fix this is to apply McNett seamgrip to the few cms where the strap is most likely to be running through the buckle. This significantly increases the friction and should fix the problem for you.
 Roguevfr 21 Jan 2013
In reply to stetalbot:

Nope, the best way is to double the strap back up through the top part of the buckle.
No mess, no stickyness,fully adjustable. Simples.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...