himalayas 6000m+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
iferguson 10 Jan 2013
I am looking to go to the Himalayas Nov time. Have done about 8+ trips to the alps, Scottish and alpine ice. Looking for advise on how to do it and possible areas. Would prefer not to go on a guided trip but 4 to 6 individuals.
 Mark Haward 10 Jan 2013
In reply to iferguson:
'The Trekking Peaks of Nepal' by Bill O'Connor could be a useful resource but a bit dated.
Contact Jagged Globe, they are always very helpful as well as being highly knowledgeable. They can offer advice. They can even help organise if you want ( including sherpas / supplies etc. )but without actual guiding. ISM are also well worth checking out.
Go with somebody who has experience of higher altitudes ( 6,000m plus ). Local climbing club maybe.
Personally I love the Khumbu and Annurpurna areas.
rolfe360Expeditions 11 Jan 2013
In reply to iferguson:
November is a great time to go. The crowds tend to be heading home from the popular trekking peaks in Nepal. Late Nov is also a good time to start leaving for Aconcagua.
For a first time expedition to Nepal I'd suggest Mera peak. This can be done totally independently and is less frequented then the 6000m peaks of the Khumbu region. Having said this tho it is well recommended to use support soley by virtue of the fact that the walk in to the base-camps is usually much longer (think days if not weeks) then any alpine approach.
Aconcagua is a great peak if having had a taste of previous altitude experience and is a much more hands on expedition as normally no porter service is used (due to costs).
Please contact 360 expeditions if you need any obligation free info about the popular Nepali 6000m peaks. We are happy to give you anything from suggested training plans, kit=lists and itineries that allow maximum acclimitisation.
Enjoy the planning for your expedition!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...