Wind up radio Vs Ipod when out and about?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
readysalted 06 Jan 2013
When out and about, especially on nights in a tent by yourself, what do you use for music?. Of course you can't beat a good paperback to keep you occupied on evenings in the tent, but in terms of music, what do you prefer to use and why?

I would like some music for when I'm cooking, lounging around, or stuck inside the tent on a rainy morning, but not sure whether to go for a really small lightweight speaker for the ipod, or a small wind up radio.

Bearing in mind that radio signal for even the big radio stations in most national parks is poor, I'm thinking the ipod option is better, but what do you guys think?
Bellie 07 Jan 2013
In reply to readysalted: ipod all the way. My last generation ipod has a radio and I have managed to get a reception in most National Parks. Nice to listen to the news and chill out to some music last thing at night.

Jim C 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Bellie:
> (In reply to readysalted) ipod all the way. My last generation ipod has a radio and I have managed to get a reception in most National Parks. Nice to listen to the news and chill out to some music last thing at night.

What we need is a wind up charger. for the ipod/iphone

For longer trips, I already have a little portable hand generator thing that charges normal phones which has various attachements, but like you I prefer the Iphone/Ipod for music, but it does not seem to charge these Apple devices -for some reason. Same goes for my solar charger, works with others but not Apple !

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...