TRYFAN

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
samgr84 02 Jan 2013
Off to wales at weekend to do tryfan northface and bristly ridge, with novices. Just wondering if anyone has any idea on conditions??
 Rob Exile Ward 02 Jan 2013
In reply to samgr84: Inappropriate.
In reply to samgr84: I've heard Crib Goch is easier!
 Liam FLeming 02 Jan 2013
In reply to samgr84: have a plan B if its to windy also the scree slope on the leftside of BR is quicker to get up if your low on time.
+ novices need lots of time start early as you can +number of novices in your group makes a big diffrence if your moving through tricky ground one at a time .
In reply to Liam09:
> (In reply to samgr84) have a plan B if its to windy also the scree slope on the leftside of BR is quicker to get up if your low on time.
> + novices need lots of time start early as you can +number of novices in your group makes a big diffrence if your moving through tricky ground one at a time .

I think this might, just might, be a troll!
 mheyes101 03 Jan 2013
In reply to samgr84:
In my opinion I would go for it, all depending if its dry, certainly go for Tryfan as it’s a good one for novices and with sensible leadership you should have a good day. Although the weather isn’t ideal and you wont get the full enjoyment. Secondly see how the group has coped once Tryfan has been completed then you can assess if the group has enough time and energy to tackle BR. Finally check MWIS for the weather before you set off and if you feel uncomfortable with conditions have a plan B.
 Nath 03 Jan 2013
In reply to samgr84: With regard to conditions, I was there last weekend, no snow or ice on Tryfan, got hailed on twice but just very very wet and very very windy.

The only snow/Ice I saw was a few patches under the ridge on the Carnedds.

Nath

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...