Its not just drivers.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dax H 16 Dec 2012
Whilst driving through Heddingley at lunchtime today in heavy traffic for a Sunday I noticed a cyclist coming the other way through the lights with his left hand on the bars and his right holding his phone to his ear and chatting away.
This was not some hoodie wearing kid either, it was a guy on a road bike in full lycra.
 ScraggyGoat 16 Dec 2012
Amateur, Danish lads and lasses manage to cycle no hands while texting furiously away............and it's definately not a serious thing for them, smart casual dress every time.

tim000 16 Dec 2012
In reply to Dax H: i was working in a school last year and i saw the head teacher drive into the school carpark and get out of the car while using her phone. i had about 15 kids with me and i made sure they had seen her .
 andy 16 Dec 2012
In reply to Dax H: My mate with strong legs rode most of the way up Red Bank on the phone last weekend. On 36-23....

After about 3/4 of it he said "best go - it's getting a bit steep...".
OP Dax H 16 Dec 2012
In reply to Ciro: I know its not illegal but I do find it amusing when every time there is a thread on here about someone being knocked off a bike two or three people will post up about how the driver was probebly on their phone.
 Enty 16 Dec 2012
In reply to Dax H:

I've done 12,000km on my bike this year - in this time I've seen one cyclists answer his phone whilst riding. In that same period of time I've seen....er....I lost count in mid January how many car drivers I saw talking on their phone.
(I saw a trucker on the autoroute last week on his laptop - I've never seen a cyclists do that)

Oh and before you say yes well what's the ratio of bikes to cars, yesterday I rode 80km and saw more bikes than cars.

Cheers,

E
 blurty 16 Dec 2012
In reply to Dax H:

I was in Zeist in the summer, in Holland

A girl was cycling along on her 'sit up and beg' with a phone to her ear, another girl was sitting sideways on the pannier rack, on her phone as well. No one batted an eyelid

I wish everyone in this country would just calm down a bit, why the hurry? Why the competition for road space all the time?

Live and let live.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...