Turbotrainer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Looking forward to using my new turbo trainer tonight just thought I'd share that fact!

although, while I'm here...what do people recommend I stick on't telly while I train...something inspiring, that I don't have to pay too much attention to to still enjoy I guess?
 sleavesley 05 Dec 2012
In reply to carrot_boy (North East Wales MC): buy a video from sufferfest and watch that on your laptop!
 JLS 05 Dec 2012
In reply to carrot_boy (North East Wales MC):

>"what do people recommend I stick on't telly while I train"

Surely you will be too busy concentrating on keeping every pedal stroke, smooth, even and powerful, to pay any attention to the telly?
 Enty 05 Dec 2012
In reply to sleavesley:
> (In reply to carrot_boy (North East Wales MC)) buy a video from sufferfest and watch that on your laptop!

This ^^^^

Or watch an old tour stage on DVD - climb when they do, sprint when they do, attack when they do etc etc.

Easy for me to say though, I've just done 4 hours in the sunshine )))

E
 Liam M 05 Dec 2012
In reply to carrot_boy (North East Wales MC): I've only done one Sufferfest video (There is no Try), and it was hell but in a good way. If you don't minding hurting (and smiling at their humour) it is a good training session.
 lost1977 05 Dec 2012

one tip is if your using it indoors you will want to have a fan blasting you from the front as you do get surprisingly hot (was using mine in a cold garage last night and steam was coming off me within 10 mins). i personally just listen to music (DnB seems to work well)
geologist 05 Dec 2012

Another one for sufferfest, a great work out !
 woolsack 05 Dec 2012
In reply to Liam M:
> (In reply to carrot_boy (North East Wales MC)) I've only done one Sufferfest video (There is no Try), and it was hell but in a good way. If you don't minding hurting (and smiling at their humour) it is a good training session.

One day I will try that twice. Once is enough at present
 aquazepp 05 Dec 2012

Another vote for Sufferfest - The Long Scream
 sleavesley 05 Dec 2012
In reply to aquazepp: Just done the Long Scream now. Like it - 35 minutes is a good work out on the turbo in a cold conservatory with steam coming off me.

I have Angels as well, but it broke me last time I did it!!
 balmybaldwin 05 Dec 2012

Sufferfest are very good, and the structured nature of the work out is much better than just spinning in front of the TV.

I have Angels (climbing about 1 hr) and Hell Hath No Fury (about 1hr 30 lot's of pretty pro girls who leave me totally worn out - Race Simlulation)
 lost1977 05 Dec 2012
just found a torrent eventually for all the sufferfest videos
 telemarker 05 Dec 2012

Its all about the sufferfest for me. I do them once a week with a group of mates.
 Fredt 05 Dec 2012
In reply to lost1977:
> (In reply to carrot_boy (North East Wales MC))
>
> one tip is if your using it indoors you will want to have a fan blasting you from the front as you do get surprisingly hot...

Wouldn't that slow you down?

lost1977 05 Dec 2012
In reply to Fredt:

lol no just cool you down
 woolsack 05 Dec 2012
In reply to Fredt:
> (In reply to lost1977)
> [...]
>
> Wouldn't that slow you down?

depends which direction the conveyor belt is moving
 woolsack 05 Dec 2012
In reply to lost1977: does that mean you get the whole lot without paying? tut tut...
 lost1977 06 Dec 2012
In reply to woolsack:

well 9 of them, times are hard my JSA doesn't stretch very far. if i had the money i would have bought
 Tradical 07 Dec 2012
In reply to carrot_boy (North East Wales MC): I listen to music and occasionally put tour stages etc. on screen. I've tried a couple of training videos but didn't enjoy them.

When choosing your music, think about its tempo and the cadence at which you wish to pedal.
 lost1977 07 Dec 2012
In reply to Tommy Moore:

DnB works well prog rock not so well
In reply to lost1977:
> (In reply to woolsack)
>
> well 9 of them, times are hard my JSA doesn't stretch very far. if i had the money i would have bought

Do you steal things from shops? they are so cheap anyway(about £8) that there really is no need to rip the guy off. He's not a big corporation but a guy turning a great idea into a benefit for everyone and making a living. Step up and buy one...
arch the parch 07 Dec 2012
Lance Armstrong vs Marco Pantani on Mont Ventoux 2000, youtube. volume down but AC/DC on loud.
Lance and Marco both juiced up and pumping!!!!
 lost1977 07 Dec 2012
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:

as i have finally got a job today i will buy the rest
 lost1977 07 Dec 2012
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut:

quite a few people on here have also asked for the link to the torrent so its not like i'm the only one
In reply to lost1977:
> (In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut)
>
> quite a few people on here have also asked for the link to the torrent so its not like i'm the only one

Oh OK. That makes it alright then!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...