Nice photo frames

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Blue Straggler 04 Dec 2012
Straggler Sister wants nice photo frames for Christmas, both individual and bigger ones for multiple pics, presumably to populate with pics of her two littl'uns (toddler and relatively recent newborn)
Now when it comes to frames, I just get myself cheap clip frames (well, not really a frame is it, just glass held onto a bit of board) and then leave them in a box and never bother putting anything up.
So I am a bit behind. What sort of thing do you people, who work on making your houses look nice, go for in a picture frame? All suggestions welcome!

Thanks
 Fredt 04 Dec 2012
In reply to Blue Straggler:

I like the Ikea Ribba frames, with the wood effect:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90174128/
 Little Brew 04 Dec 2012
In reply to Blue Straggler: Sister in law has some lovely ones from Next, about 10-15 photos in one frame, they are 5 years old now... but they must still do similar.
 Arjen 04 Dec 2012

A picture behind plexiglass is very nice, but you can't really change the picture afterwards. Looks fantastic though, the contrast and colours come out really nice.

I also have some framed pictures laying around in a box btw, your story sound familiar.
If you go for a frame, avoid the very cheap ones, I bought some that had a rainbow-like scattering in the glass, it looked absolutely awful. Hard to see in the shop, but (depending on the picture) quite visible with a picture mounted.
THanks all, keep them coming. I'll do a proper search later, I was kind of using the wisdom of UKC to give me a head start
In reply to Little Brew:

Thanks, I like the look of the "Long Collage" ones from Next.
 y2keable 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Fredt:
> I like the Ikea Ribba frames, with the wood effect:
>
I'll second that. Ikea make nice frames and they're good value for money. I've always loved Marks & Spencer frames too, they're not as big but they're really good quality.

Jay
 Padraig 11 Dec 2012

I see digital photo frames are in? Just a thot.
 Henry Iddon 11 Dec 2012

As Fredt says the Ikea are certainly worth a look. They have a fair range of combinations for multiple images. Other than that try the high street - Debenhams / BHS etc.
 SAF 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Blue Straggler: Sainsbury's have some nice Oak frames, small, big and mutliframes. They have them on discount from time to time as well. Got one for my sister-in-law last christmas.
Thanks all. Well the offerings in Next were dreadful, plastic frames and no glass, just a very thin plastic - kind of thing you might get for £6, not £25!

Wilko funnily enough has a nice variety, decently constructed wood and glass at fair prices, looking nice too. I will check out Sainsbury's. Again, surprised that Asda had some decent fare though theirs are a bit more "modernist" than the Wilko stuff.
Ikea looks OK too but I am not sure that I'll get to an Ikea on time.
In reply to Padraig:

Thanks Padraig, but that's not what they are after at the moment.
malaz90 11 Dec 2012
In reply to Blue Straggler: Not sure where youre based or if they are near you. Wilkinsons, have some good looking ones that were dead cheap! (Look way more expensive than they were) £8 i paid about 6 months ago. Will get you a photo when i am home tomorrow if you want!

Cheers
John
In reply to malaz90:

Ha ha, you must have just missed my post! Thanks, yes Wilko have some perfectly decent ones (don't worry about a photo!)
 Henry Iddon 11 Dec 2012

I got a couple of the big wood Wilko ones last week actually - seem ok.
 crustypunkuk 11 Dec 2012
H Samuel do some nice sterling silver frames at reasonable prices. I always think baby pics look more special in a silver frame somehow.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...