UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Interview - Winter Paddy Buckley with Iain Ridgway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 03 Dec 2012
Reccying a snowy Nantlle Ridge 4, 2 kbOn December 1 Nant Peris-based fell running guide Iain Ridgway completed a winter Paddy Buckley round, one of the hardest big hill routes in Britain at 62 miles and 47 summits. Here he talks to Dan Bailey about the experience

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=5139
 Yanis Nayu 03 Dec 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: Superb achievement!
 TobyA 03 Dec 2012
In reply to Submit to Gravity: Yep, Iain doesn't make it sound hugely fun either, what with all the retching etc.! Well done Iain.
 biscuit 03 Dec 2012
In reply to UKC Articles:

I guess it may not have fitted in the title space but the words solo and un supported could go in there i think mods.

Amazing effort Iain. I always assumed you had run all your life, you've achieved a lot in a short time.

richprideaux 03 Dec 2012

We came across him about halfway between Dafydd and Llewellyn. He looked in good shape and quite chipper. I regret not taking a piccy of him to capture the moment - and for stopping him for 20 seconds to say hi!
 jezb1 03 Dec 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: Good effort and good interview
In reply to biscuit: No space in the title, but I've made the solo/unsupported thing a bit more prominent at the top of the article. Ta
 Henry Iddon 04 Dec 2012

Chapeau
 robw007 04 Dec 2012

Mega achievement! Would be interested to know from Ian how he organised the logistics around the run.

I recently did the Welsh 3000s on my own and unsupported and although no where near the same scale it was still a challenge to organise. It probably helps that PB starts and finishes in the same place!
 robw007 04 Dec 2012

Have recently fancied walk/running the PB over say three days - where would the best overnight stops be?
 mattrm 04 Dec 2012
In reply to robw007:

Iain - immense achievement. Well done mate!

rob - some more details here - http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showthread.php?18508-Winter-Paddy-Tonight

However, I think it was food & water in carrier bags dropped by the roadside.
 toad 04 Dec 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: Proper magnificent folly
 BALD EAGLE 04 Dec 2012

Top effort Iain well done you!
 Tony & Sarah 04 Dec 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: Congratulations Iain on a superb run.
Tony & Simon and all the staff of Beta Climbing Designs.
 JamButty 04 Dec 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: Respect Iain.......well done.
 thebigeasy 04 Dec 2012
In reply to UKC Articles: Well done Iain great effort. I'm guessing that you dont wear football shirts as base layers now you have stopped playing!!!
 bouldery bits 04 Dec 2012

Great effort Iain.

I'm going for a run right now.
 simon cox 06 Dec 2012
In reply to robw007: Rob, I have done the PB with limited support (one friend running the last Snowdon section with me) - though I failed on a pure solo attempt getting from Llanberis to Aber Glaslyn. I like the Llanberis start staying at the Victoria legacy and starting early 3-4AM. For a pure solo just drive round the afternoon/ evening before laying down your food/ drink near the change overs (sheep/ people didn't "snaffle" these dumps), then just run... for a two day round maybe start at Llanberis and stop at the end of Day 1 at the PYG Hotel dropping off after Moel Siabod; for a three day round stay in Beddgelert?

Its an awesome round however you do it; but in winter - totally hard core and respect to Iain.

Enjoy,

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...