Recommend me a Turbo Trainer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Snax 20 Nov 2012
I'm looking for a Turbo Trainer for me and the better half to use over the winter... Basically she needs to study a lot over the winter and has entered an summer Ironman so feels the need to get fit and my work means I don't always get the training rides in I would like, and have a few rather long mtb races lined up myself for next year... Has anyone used the Minoura Live Ride 540 Trainer and got any thoughts on it? Are there other trainers we should be looking at? I've considered rollers, but the gf is unsure about them...
 ClimberEd 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Snax:

My tacx flow works great for me and not too noisy.

I picked one up for a lot cheaper than the 299 wiggle has them for.
 sleavesley 20 Nov 2012
In reply to Snax: check out trainer road and sufferfest videos to keep it interesting and look at the list of turbos on that site.

Tacx and bkool are others that have a vr element to them to elevate boredom and to help train to a target.
OP Snax 21 Nov 2012
In reply to sleavesley: I've already clocked the sufferfest DVD's and will be checking some out I think...
 tk421 22 Nov 2012
In reply to Snax: Ribble have lots on a big discount - I have a Tacx 1820 that they've got for £80 and it works fine. The brake's strong enough to break me.
 AndyE9 22 Nov 2012
Tacx …

the best i have used , i have the Vr trained is very good , visit their website

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...