Scottish Ski Mountaineering racing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
lee johnson 12 Nov 2012
www.skimoscotland.co.uk starts this year. I am booked in for the five races in various ski resorts in Scotland. I am looking to share lifts up from Cheshire to save on fuel. Having never raced before, it would be good for some banter on the way up.

Lee
 DaveHK 12 Nov 2012
In reply to lee johnson:

Whilst I'm keen on doing these I'm going to see how the winter shapes up before I commit to signing up!
di gilbert 15 Nov 2012
In reply to lee johnson: Lee - looks like you have some competition for the Glenshee race
lee johnson 16 Nov 2012
In reply to di gilbert: Indeed, the Johnsons seem to be taking over. By the way, we are not related! Maybe we should make this a Johnson only race.
 Blinder 17 Nov 2012
In reply to lee johnson: I also know another Johnson that is into racing I would not be surprised if he where to enter. However I have his race skis in Switzerland. However I would be more worried about Carrion!
lee johnson 18 Nov 2012
In reply to Blinder: send me his skis!
di gilbert 16 Dec 2012
In reply to lee johnson: Entries for the Lecht 2090 race close in 7 days - 23rd December.
 DaveHK 16 Dec 2012
In reply to di gilbert:

I'm curious, why is there no Cairngorm race?
di gilbert 17 Dec 2012
In reply to DaveHK: We approached all 5 resorts at the very start, wanting to have one race at each of the resorts. At the time, Cairngorm Mountain were less than keen and after numerous attempts to get them onboard we gave up. We then approached the Fort William Festival to see if we could run a 5th event (the Vertical), back over in Nevis Range, in conjunction with the Festival, which they took us up on. Since confirming with Nevis Range a 5th race on the West, communication did restart with Cairngorm about trying to get a race established but, to be honest, it was too late for this season to get organised. We would be delighted to involve Cairngorm Mountain in future seasons

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...