2nd hand road bike

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alasdair19 04 Nov 2012
Hi

Based in Sheffield
Want to give road biking a go. Where should I look to find a cheap bike? I'm 6 ft 2, long back and not very flexible. Looked at new seems like 500 quid is entry price point.
 andy 04 Nov 2012
In reply to alasdair19: My mate is selling a fairly large (he's 6' 3" or so) Bianchi road bike. Not sure of the price but I imagine £200 or so. Send me an email and I'll pass it on. We're in Embsay near Skipton.
 JamButty 04 Nov 2012
In reply to andy: Sounds like a great offer, better the devil you know.

Otherwise usual recommendations are Ebay and Gumtree (with care!).
Work out what frame size you'll need, as they do vary a bit (either bike websites or try the bike you're looking at)

I got a Spec Allez 2008 in great nick for £150 and its done me great this last year.
oxoman1965 27 Nov 2012
In reply to alasdair19: If you want to buy new you could do no better than a Decathlon Btwin Triban 3 as reviewed and raved about in biking mag's recently. This way you don't get somebodies cast off troubles as not everyone is honest.
OP alasdair19 01 Dec 2012
In reply to oxoman1965: thx for that I'll check it out, looks remarkable.
 Chay 02 Dec 2012
In reply to alasdair19: I have a Btwin T3 and can confirm it's outstanding value for money; better than anything I tried in shops, some of which were £200 more!
 LastBoyScout 03 Dec 2012
In reply to alasdair19:

Whatever you buy, give it a good check over - I rejected a 2nd hand Colnago which was otherwise in perfect condition and perfect fit for me when I found a crack in the bottom of the head tube!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...