V12 have NEW style DMM axes in stock.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Mountains 03 Oct 2012
If anyone is interested V12 have the all new Cirque, Fly & Raptor axes now in stock.
http://www.v12outdoor.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=272_230_32&oscsid=7sv...
 iksander 03 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: Oooh, no Switch or Apex yet - still being tweaked?
In reply to iksander:

Think they must be. Wonder if V12 will be doing deals on buying a pair?
In reply to iksander:

Switch & Apex now for sale in Joe Brown's
 remus Global Crag Moderator 05 Oct 2012
In reply to Andy Mountains: Switch and apex are both showing 'out of stock' on joe brown's.
 iksander 05 Oct 2012
In reply to remus: JBs: "The new Switch Ice tools will be avaialbe from early 2013" I wonder how they're going to address the handle size issue? Looks like a fixed size.
 timjones 05 Oct 2012
In reply to iksander:
> (In reply to remus) JBs: "The new Switch Ice tools will be avaialbe from early 2013" I wonder how they're going to address the handle size issue? Looks like a fixed size.

That sounds like an advantage to me. Less adjustable elements means less things they are to fail or break. Just how much advantage does an adjustable handle give?
 edinburgh_man 05 Oct 2012
In reply to timjones:

Personally I find a lot.

If I set my nomics to Medium size my hand slips down the handle on very steep ground and changes my grip position (negatively). Where as if I set them to Small size there is no slippage and my grip stays in the best position.
 ColdWill 06 Oct 2012
In reply to timjones: I just swapped my Nomics out for a new pair having had them locked on med for two years. Big routes and ice I'll have them on med, any dry tooling and training they'll be set to small, makes a real difference on real steep stuff if the handle is a good fit. I think they've missed a trick if they stick with the fixed handle.
 iksander 06 Oct 2012
In reply to timjones:
> (In reply to iksander)
> [...]
>
> That sounds like an advantage to me. Less adjustable elements means less things they are to fail or break. Just how much advantage does an adjustable handle give?

Yes less to break (I have Mk3 Nomics and have fingers crossed that the pommel issue is fixed), but if the handle doesn't fit it makes the tools virtually unusable. The Switch handle looks very similar to the profile of the Schmoolz handle which I find very painful. IMHO BD Fusions 2 look like they have the best handle/ pommel adjustability solution but I still prefer Nomics overall...

timjones 06 Oct 2012
In reply to iksander:
> (In reply to timjones)
> [...]
>
> Yes less to break (I have Mk3 Nomics and have fingers crossed that the pommel issue is fixed), but if the handle doesn't fit it makes the tools virtually unusable. The Switch handle looks very similar to the profile of the Schmoolz handle which I find very painful. IMHO BD Fusions 2 look like they have the best handle/ pommel adjustability solution but I still prefer Nomics overall...

I must be very lucky then. My anarchists don't have an adjustable pommel and they are exceedinglu usable. I think we're just spoilt these days
 iksander 06 Oct 2012
In reply to timjones: I thought you could adjust the trigger posision on Anarchists?
 edinburgh_man 06 Oct 2012
In reply to iksander:

"IMHO BD Fusions 2 look like they have the best handle/ pommel adjustability solution but I still prefer Nomics overall...".

Yes, I agree with you - the Fusion 2's handle does seem the best solution.
Nomics best for ice.
Fusion 2s best for dry / modern mixed.
 timjones 06 Oct 2012
In reply to iksander:
> (In reply to timjones) I thought you could adjust the trigger posision on Anarchists?

I suspect you're thinking of Rebels. Anarchists have a small adjustable "indent" for your trigger finger rather than a rest. IME adjusting this makes beggar all differnce.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...