Snow and Rock Harness Question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Hi all,

Basically: taking my girlfriend climbing tomorrow but only have one harness of my own at the moment. Decided to buy one from Snow and Rock online (Black Diamond Focus - small) for a total of £40 when you include postage. I ordered this on Monday and assumed it'd be delivered by today.

Today I received a tracking email from Snow and Rock letting me know the harness has only just been despatched. I have not been at home this week so had assumed it had already arrived!

Obviously I either sacrifice beautiful weather and don't go climbing or I nip out of my office this afternoon to the Snow and Rock down the road and buy a different harness (reason for online was that it was cheaper).

My question: if I do go and buy another harness, what are the chances Snow and Rock will refund me for the one that I’ve bought online if I take it back in the packaging it arrived in?

Secondly, if they won’t take it back… does anyone want the harness off me for £35?!

Thanks in advance!

Freddy
 Monk 07 Sep 2012
In reply to A Longleat Boulderer:

Under distance selling regulations, they have to take it back if you change your mind within 14 days. Just don't take the tags off or open it up.
In reply to Monk:

Ok, thanks for the advice... I was just under the impression that because it's safety equipment they probably wouldn't take it back?
 CurlyStevo 07 Sep 2012
In reply to Monk:
does that apply to PPE?

Certainly some companies claim it doesnt
 CurlyStevo 07 Sep 2012
Ring them and ask
 Monk 07 Sep 2012

I think that distance selling over-rides this. I've certainly returned a mail order harness before because it didn't fit well (not Snow and Rock, but another well-known company).
 obi-wan nick b 07 Sep 2012
In reply to A Longleat Boulderer: Why don't you phone Snow and Rock and ask them?

To those asking why I don't call snow and rock: I'm at work and I don't think my boss would take kindly! However, quick glances here - safer!
In reply to Monk:

Ok, thanks! I'll just call them and ask them as soon as I can.
 Slarti B 07 Sep 2012
Good luck. I often go to Snow and Rock Covent Garden and have always found advise and service excellent so hopefully same will apply to their mail order.

btw they normally do price match in-store so you should get it at same as internet price
In reply to Slarti B:

Ah! Awesome, Covent Garden London is exactly where I'm planning on nipping down to.

Thanks for the headsup!

For people finding this thread in searches asking the same question:

Called Snow and Rock. As long as I don't use it... they will refund it.

Great company. Thanks for your help guys.
 gethin_allen 07 Sep 2012
I'm surprised they'll refund it as it's PPE, In the place I worked there was a strict no return on PPE policy, everything from climbing gear to bike helmets.
And their website t+c section says "Note: DVDs, videos, books, safety equipment, ropes and snowchains are non-exchangeable and non-returnable"

I suppose it depends on what it was shipped it, if it was shipped in a sealed package they could see be sure that the harness hasn't been tampered with.
In reply to gethin_allen:

Yeah, I won't open it at all. Just take it back.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...