Mountain Equipment Wet & Dry Bag 70L

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
kldavidson 10 Aug 2012
I have been looking at buying a duffel bag for a while and when looking at all the different products the ME ones look the best value for money. But I am looking for a 70L and they don;t seem to come with rucksack straps anymore, only the older version. Does anybody know where I can get one, or if anyone is looking to flog a second hand one?

Kev
 andyd1970 10 Aug 2012
In reply to kldavidson: Hi Kev
Is this what you mean!

http://www.outdoorkit.co.uk/product.php?product_id=4302&category_id=810
hope it is
Andy
 AdCo82 10 Aug 2012
In reply to kldavidson

Cotswold Outdoors do them and they come with the rucksack straps!
kldavidson 10 Aug 2012
In reply to andyd1970: Yes that's the exact bag but it's the newer version where they have removed the two shoulder rucksack straps. Need to find somewhere that has still got the old ones or some one who I can buy one from so they can get the newer
 MtnGeekUK 10 Aug 2012
In reply to kldavidson:

They're made exclusively for Cotswold - I'm sure a friendly chat in store and someone will sort you out?
 andyd1970 10 Aug 2012
In reply to kldavidson: Have you phoned them and asked coz it says shoulder straps on it and it looks like the older version in the pic as the straps are now black. I know cotswold do them but they are the newer version like you said. I got one a couple of years ago from Cotswold in the 100L and it has straps. I would give ME a phone and ask them as I am sure they have an outlet in Manchester.
 AdCo82 10 Aug 2012
In reply to andyd1970:

ME shop is on Deansgate in Manchester. What used to be Ellis Brighams till they moved across the road!
kldavidson 15 Aug 2012
In reply to andyd1970:

I phone them and also been in store, but they don't sell them any-more, nor the friendly guy who I usually use can't get hold of any

How are the rucksack straps for you on yours, comfortable?

I have a few 2 week trips coming up, where I will be carrying in-between planes, boats coaches taxis etc...
 oliverk 15 Aug 2012
In reply to kldavidson:

Theoutdoorshop.com have the 70l North Face ones on sale at £60 quid right now. If you have a go-outdoors near you, they will price match it and potentially get you it for a bit less.

I got the 90l one a while back, it has rucksac straps which seem fine for shortish walks and overall seems a decent bit of kit.
 mattrm 15 Aug 2012
In reply to kldavidson:

The straps are very uncomfortable on the ME bags from Cotswold.

As much as I don't really like Go Outdoors much, these look good:

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-lugga-cargo-90-travel-pack-p143464
 iksander 15 Aug 2012
In reply to kldavidson: Do yourself a favour and get a cheap one with wheels and a telescopic handle eg Outdoor Gear Rolling Holdall 125L £39

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...