UKC

NEWS: Cuillin Update - Blue Skies and Dry Rock

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Aug 2012
Romping along the Ridge, 3 kbMike Lates of Skye Guides and author of the new SMC guidebook gives us a roundup of the climbing action from the Cuillin in what's been a stunning summer so far.

"In nearly 20 years I can't remember a more prolonged dry period coinciding with the busiest time of the year..."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67336

In reply to UKC News:

My god, your Naked Saltire looks a great route, Mike!
Oceanwall 10 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News:
An interesting article.

Presumably the opening statement should refer to the Jet Stream and not the Gulf Stream heading south.
aultguish 10 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News: I'll be there Wednesday, so no doubt it should start raining then - heavily :-/
 alasdair19 10 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News: nice article great guide!

A sheffield team repeated the E6 on the cioch, perhaps the same starting holds?

psyched to get back!

Al
 Jon Ratcliffe 11 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News: How have the migies been up there this year?
 Mike Lates 11 Aug 2012
In reply to Gordon Stainforth: Thanks Gordon; there are plenty more shots of Cuillin rock routes on my UKC gallery for other inspiration. Many thanks to all those who sent me theirs to illustrate the article.

Summer continues & plenty of folk enjoying the dry rock; there were more people on Sron na Ciche than the In Pinn yesterday which is a notable first in my memory.

Very hot after lunch-time for those with Traverse intentions so start early.

Midgies have peaked last few days whenever the wind dies so come well prepared with nets & Smidge.

Long may the it last
 CathS 12 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Sick with envy!

We had a fabulous week there in May, but always leave wanting more...
 Tom F Harding 14 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Oi! Mike, when are you going to sent those pictures of me and my freind on the Cioch. I sent you the ones I had of you and your clients, it would be nice if you returned the favour.

Tom
 Mike Hutton 25 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Nice article and excellant guide. Shall definately be heading to the Cuillin this winter. Bet you need a rest now
 NMN 28 Sep 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Did Steve have another go at the traverse?
It would be great to see the record broken again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...