PRODUCT NEWS: Mammut Realization Shorts

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 05 Jul 2012
Mammut Realization Short #1, 3 kbThe World's first intergrated Harness Shorts, tried and tested by the World's best, 7 time (in a row) World Cup Winner Jakob Schubert.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=4733
 JayPee630 05 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

April Fools' right? Oh, it's July. Just a very stupid idea then.
 nameless_rob 05 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

I like the blurb on the Mammut website (http://www.mammut.ch/pm2012_realization_short_1)

"In comparison with existing concepts, where shorts or trousers are simply worn over a harness"

I knew I'd been doing something wrong...
 1poundSOCKS 05 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: Will you be allowed on the bouldering wall in a pair?
 JoshOvki 05 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

So they won't let you tie in with a bowline but they will let you wear and buy a harness they can't tell if it is done up correctly..
 Dom Whillans 05 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:
without giving them a go i reckon they'd exceed even the old whillans harness for potential testicular trauma...
 Reach>Talent 05 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:
Got a project in a sensitive or banned climbing area? Like secret agent style concealed stuff? Worried about getting your gear confiscated by airport security? Like breaking and entering? Really fat and need a >20KN rated belt?

You need the new Mammut Realization Shorts!
 fire_munki 05 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:
I like the shorts but just as shorts none this harness thingy-ma-bob nonsense!
 whitty 05 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

Nightmare! if you inverted, once upon a time you only fell out of your harness, now you'll be on the ground in just your pants!
 Luk e 05 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

Soo... escaping the system will be interesting. Will have to flag down mountain rescue in your undies!

Also.. if they are washed by mistake on a mega high setting, or tumble dried... won't it completely right them off?
 David Peters 05 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

first thought .... April fool ta dah !

second thought - You are kidding me ... right ?

third thought - (on seeing the price) ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !
 horsefeathers 05 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: This is bizarre, and really, is it necessary? Maybe this is the future! However I do think if they were really going all out they would maybe integrate a chalk bag back pocket or something, even if its just so you look like you're groping your bum mid climb.

'Is that a rope in your trousers or are you just happy to see me?'
 JimboWizbo 05 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear: The next generation has integrated nuts just behind the zip.
 ashley1_scott 06 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:
No joke, I spoke to Mammut about them. They actually plan on releasing a female skort version as well.
I first saw them at the end of last year being worn Cedric Lachat and Sean McColl at a lead climbing comp (streamed live). The MC said "what the hell, that bloke is climbing without a harness" before being informed about the shorts.
 winhill 06 Jul 2012
In reply to UKC Gear:

Isn't a better idea the way Vaude do it, with a pair of trousers cut to allow a (loopo) harness to be worn underneath?

if you want that sort of thing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...