NEW REVIEW: Great Mountain Days in Scotland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH Gear 18 May 2012
Ben Alder and Sgor Iutharn, 3 kbDavid Gibson, Chief Officer of the MCofS, reviews a new guidebook by UKH's own Dan Bailey. Great Mountain Days in Scotland covers a cherry picked selection of the best long challenging hill routes from across the country, a collection designed to appeal to ambitious hillwalkers, overnight backpackers and accomplished fell runners.

Read more at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/gear/review.php?id=4657
 bigbobbyking 18 May 2012
In reply to UKH Gear:

Is it as good as "The Big Walks" compiled by Ken Wilson (in the same series as Hard/Classic/Extreme Rock). I loved that book...
 fhuaran 19 May 2012
In reply to UKH Gear: Good review - Just bought this book and looking forward to giving it a read. It does look like it shares much of its premise (and at least a couple of its routes) with The Big Walks but I am sure it will fill a very different niche.

On the other hand I am slightly confused that this book has a similar number of pages to the Snowdonia and Lake District volumes...
In reply to fhuaran: Hi fhuaran,

That's partly why I made the routes so big - to fit in as many hills per chapter as possible (also, more is just better). Otherwise it would have run to several volumes to do Scotland justice with shorter walks like those in the Snowdonia and Lakes books.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...