Podsac Black Ice - hip belt tensioning straps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
m0unt41n 27 Apr 2012
Been using AK47 up until now, although X-Pod for expeditions. Anyhow last AK47 started falling appart so got a Podsac Black Ice.

Any one know why the tensioning straps from each side of the bottom of the bag to the hip belt are so long? They seem to be at least 1 foot longer than they could ever be used. Other straps I can understand why they are long but these just flap in the breeze.

I thought I had better ask before chopping them down.

Thanks
Likes to Fly 27 Apr 2012
In reply to m0unt41n:
If you want to strip the bag down to ave weight you can remove the top flap and the padded waist belt. Once removed, the tensioning straps become a superlight waist strap. Thats why they're so long. If you never plan to remove the main waist belt, there's no reason why you cant trim these straps down... Hope this helps. Black Ice is an awesome bag by the way!
m0unt41n 27 Apr 2012
In reply to Likes to Fly: Ahh I thought there had to be some reason since everything else was so well thought out.
Thanks
 Mark Haward 28 Apr 2012
In reply to m0unt41n:
I use a bit of insulating tape to keep the extra strap out of the way. I often use the bag stripped so just re tape it when reassembling.
AlexK 30 Apr 2012
In reply to m0unt41n:

My dog ate those straps on one side of mine a few weeks ago. And the gear loop. I haven't really missed either of them.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...