Network Admin Knowitalls - what's ruinning my viewing pleasure?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
richyfenn 13 Mar 2012
For the past few weeks I've had a little trouble viewing this site at work. Its fine when I'm at home or using non-company regulated internet connections, but when I'm at my desk sometimes the site won't build/render properly.

Sometime last year, for a while we had the same issue with Google not always displaying properly. You do some refreshes and sometimes it would come up good, other times it just works fine.

On this site I usually go straight to the Forums Latest page, most times its fine but other times the columns will be odd widths, the font larger than normal, or topic headings mixed up together. Similar issues happen when viewing a topic, sometimes you'll get someone’s reply above the OP first, and peoples posts mixed up. Amongst this will be code showing ie. "nput type='submit' value='Reply' />"

I've cleared the history etc but no help. I'm on XP Pro using IE8, Chrome freezes my PC and I don't like FireFox, plus IE is the only browser I'm really allowed to use The IE Compatibility vView rubbish doesn't help.

This isn't the end of the world as it works enough, but I'm really curious at what in the network would cause issue like this. Like the Google issue last year, this is the only website on which I'm experiencing this. Ideas?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...