NEWS: New Snowdonia Mountain Info App

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH News 13 Feb 2012
Crampon-free and precarious on Crib Goch - they survived, but it's not ideal, 2 kbAn iphone app has been officially launched today that provides weather and ground conditions info on the mountains of Snowdonia

Read more at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/news/item.php?id=66663
 razzorbuzz 15 Feb 2012
In reply to UKH News: I actually really like this app, I've been playing around with it now for a couple of days trying to find any bugs or to see if I could catch it out with wrong location etc. It works and works well! The mapping and OS Grid references are very accurate. It is useful to have all the features I was using in a number of other apps in one place. Namely GPS 2 OS, the Mammut Safety App for the Altimeter (though I still use it for the Clinometer) & the Met Office app. The Mountain area forecasts are particularly useful and will allow an on route to mountains change of plane to take into account the weather.

I am interested in other peoples thoughts but I have already recommended to a number of friends and they are also impressed so far.

I know a lot of Mountain Rescue teams are now using Smart Phone tracking systems to locate injured parties so this might be a useful addition for future updates

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...