NEWS: Scotland First to Map Wild Land

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH News 02 Feb 2012
The Freevater Forest, one of Scotland's wildest areas. Is it properly valued and protected?, 3 kbA new map detailing Scotland's wild areas is being published today by Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH). It's the first time this has ever been done to such detail anywhere in Europe. A survey about public attitudes to wild land is also being carried out

Read more at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/news/item.php?id=66440
ccmm 02 Feb 2012
In reply to UKH News:

Hi Dan, the survey link from that article is broken.

In reply to Craig Mc: Hi Craig, thanks for spotting that. I'm trying to rectify it but it's all a bit mysterious.
In reply to Craig Mc: Should be sorted now Craig. You might need to refresh. Ta
ccmm 02 Feb 2012
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Cheers Dan. It's working now but I'm not sure it's worth the effort to be honest.

There is no canvassing of views of wild land or anything else of note in the survey that SNH could find useful except where the responder is from and what they do for a living.

Either that of I've managed to miss the main content.
In reply to Craig Mc: How far in did you get Craig? It's not the best designed survey I've seen. For occupation I originally clicked 'other' and the survey ended there and then. I was then told by the company involved not to click 'other' (so why include it as an option?) and click the next nearest category instead. None really apply to me but I just did it anyway. The main content follows that...
ccmm 02 Feb 2012
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

Aye I ticked "other" as well. I'm an outdoor activity instructor and none of their daft categories fitted - it was worse than some car insurers lists of occupations, and that's saying something.

Their loss then. I usually try and complete surveys from NGOs if I support their ethos as I feel it can help with future funding etc.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...