UKC

OI NEWS: Adidas Buy Five Ten for $25,000,000

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 04 Nov 2011
Alex and Thomas Huber, top climbers sponsored by Adidas, 3 kbFollowing from last year's buy out of Black Diamond (see news from 2010 on Climbingnarc) by the Clarus Corporation, yesterday saw another major announcement in the climbing business world. The huge Adidas group has signed an agreement to gobble up Five Ten, one of the leading climbing shoe brands...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=4215
 Toerag 04 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: Employs 37 people - is this enough to run a shoe factory, or is the reality that their manufacture is outsourced?
jackcarr 04 Nov 2011
In reply to Toerag:
> (In reply to UKC Gear) Employs 37 people - is this enough to run a shoe factory, or is the reality that their manufacture is outsourced?

Is that a serious question? Or do you think Steve Jobs sat there building iPods too?

murdster 04 Nov 2011
In reply to Toerag:
> (In reply to UKC Gear) Employs 37 people - is this enough to run a shoe factory, or is the reality that their manufacture is outsourced?

I could possibly understand it if that question was coming from a 12 year old.
 Roberttaylor 04 Nov 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: "If they put three stripes on my 5.10s I'm jumping ship"

Clearly fit and performance matter more than brands to whoever came up with that! Or is a big brand like adidas just not hip enough for the crag?

R

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...