NEW ROUTE CARD: Bob Graham Round: 1 Keswick to Threlkeld

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bob 26 Oct 2011
Heading to Great Calva on the first leg of the Bob Graham Round, 3 kbThe first (or last) section of the classic 24hr challenge is a route of contrasts. From the sanitised track and crowds of Skiddaw to the loneliness of Great Calva; from the pathless section to cross the Caldew to the exposed scrambling of Hall's Fell; from quintessential Lakeland to something more Pennine. Often done at night, particularly on an attempt on the full round - the durations given reflect this.

12.28 miles, 19.76 km, 1,562m ascent, 3 – 5 hours. Keswick

Read more at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/r/?i=145
In reply to Bob: Fantastic - this set of 5 Route Cards covers the entire BGR.

It's my big goal for next year. Anyone else planning a BGR attempt soon?
 Simon Caldwell 26 Oct 2011
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC:
> Anyone else planning a BGR attempt soon?

Definitely not.

Even though my excuse for not entering the Lakeland 100 was that I'd rather do a BGR. And I figure that the rate my knees are wearing out, if I'm ever to do one it'll need to be soon...
 Simon Caldwell 26 Oct 2011

The leg 5 links on the legs 2-4 pages all point at the logbooks home page.
In reply to Toreador:
> Even though my excuse for not entering the Lakeland 100 was that I'd rather do a BGR. And I figure that the rate my knees are wearing out, if I'm ever to do one it'll need to be soon...

I'd like to do both! But definitely not in the same year. I'm hoping to do the Lakeland 50 again next year, but only if I manage the BGR on my first attempt, which is a very big 'if'...
 ro8x 26 Oct 2011
In reply to Bob:

Awesome - will be using this soon. Off to recce the BG round next month.

Simon Anderson 04 Nov 2011

I'm attempting a BGR next year. If you fancy training together or require any support just contact me via my blog: www.mountainousambitions.co.uk

Simon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...