Osprey Exos 44/46 Rucksack

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Helnorris 23 Oct 2011
Looking at possibly getting the Osprey Exos in the next 6 months or so and was just wondering peoples experiences are.

Looks like a really good sack, lightweight, plenty of space, good variety of pockets, floating lid etc.

Anyone had one? If so how did you get on with it? My boyfriend has just bought the talon and really impressed with the quality of the sack for the money.

Any info appreciated.

Helen

static266 23 Oct 2011
In reply to Helnorris:
I've had an Exos 46 for the last 8 months and I think it's great!

Good:
It's so light!
Big enough for multi-day with tent/food etc
Comfy enough to use as a daysack (its lighter than my 35 litre)
Pretty tough even though it looks flimsy
Side compression straps are useful

Bad:
Annoying that it won't stand up on its own because of the frame, it needs to lean on something or it will fall over.
Has a big pocket for a hydration pack but when I use my 3ltr osprey resevoir and have a full pack it pushes through the mesh back and digs into my back (maybe too much pressure in the bag)

So yeah I'd say it's the best bag I've had, I paid just over £100 for it and was a bit worried about paying that much for a rucksack but it's worth it, the only downfall is the fact that it has a frame so you have to be careful how you pack it, if it's an issue I'd get a Lowe Alpine bag.
OP Helnorris 23 Oct 2011
In reply to static266:

Hey.

Yeah it sounds like a pretty good bag. Not to worried about it being able to stand up on its own as it would just be cragging bag but thanks for heads up.

Hoping that nothing can be as hard to back as my Berghaus Arete. However you pack that bag you always end up with a big dip in the back and can feel nearly everything you put in it.

But will keep that in mind and will fill it with my kit to try it out first :p

Like the fact it has a good sized pocket on the front, although wish you could access he bottom of the bag like the Talon.
 CarolineMc 24 Oct 2011
In reply to Helnorris: I use one for backpacking, it's so, so comfy! It just feels like it's hugging you even when it's loaded up! The only thing that's a slight niggle is that it's annoying if i'm wearing a helmet as the frame catches it at the back, so I often use a different sack for winter. You say you're going to use it as a cragging bag? Just be aware that it's designed as a lightweight sack so if you're filling it with a trad rack and dragging it around crags all the time it won't necessarily be as robust as its heavier duty brother, the Atmos (or girl's equivalent!) but rest assured these are just as comfy if you want to go down the more rugged route! Co:
OP Helnorris 24 Oct 2011
In reply to CarolineMc: Ok brillant thankyou. Just had a quick look at the Aura which I think is the women's equivelant to the Mens Atom? It looks like a really nice sack so may have to go and have a look at this indoor.

Yeah thats the only reservation I have with the Exos to is that it may not be strudy enough for alot for heavy kit.
 CarolineMc 24 Oct 2011
In reply to Helnorris: yep, the aura sounds about right! Will probably be a better bet long term... co:

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...