UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Mammut - Celebrating 150 years

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 12 Oct 2011
Mammut presentation at the Kleine Scheidegg railway station, 5 kbPaul Phillips joins Mammut for the start of their birthday with a look at the new Eiger Extreme range.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=4100
 Mike_Hayes 12 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC Articles:
Nice photos 'Phillips',
Mike
 liquid 12 Oct 2011
In reply to wolverine: journalist goes on free(?) trip gives free advertising then no real review in article of items mentioned. Good well done then
 Michael Ryan 12 Oct 2011
In reply to liquid:

The reviews are coming.
 supos 12 Oct 2011
In reply to UKC Articles:

I have to agree with Liquid. UKC really need to make a clearer distinction between journalistic content (articles) and commercial content (advertisements).

You guys are gambling with your credibility by disguising advertisements such as this as an articles. I do generally think your reviews are about the gear and not the advertising money, but stuff like this isn't exactly confidence inspiring in that regard.

And the potential conflict of interest between journalistic content and advertisement isn't restricted to gear reviews. Just think of the debacle about David Lama on Cerro Torre or Christian Stangl on K2 (both of whom happen to be highly profiled Mammut athletes). I would hate to think that UKC's position on important issues such as these could be affected by a reluctance to put advertisers in a bad light.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...