Best Outdoor Jobs Sites????

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mitch1990 07 Sep 2011
Hi, As the title suggest's what are the best web sites for finding outdoor instructing jobs?
Ive been having a good look through the internet, and ive looked on the likes of blue dome, the institution of outdoor learning, and many season work site but they just dont have what im looking for. Im looking for jobs in the lake district mainly and im struggling to find any information on them. I already have some NGB's and want to work towards my ML next year.

Dose any body have any advice pleases . . . No time wasting sarcastic comments pleases!
Thanks
MB
 jezb1 07 Sep 2011
In reply to mitchellbowen1990:

IOL and BD are the best two really.

You maybe better just sending your CV & covering letter to as many centers in the area you want to work in as you can.

There's a freelance instructors page on Facebook if you have some quals.
The MLTA site has the occasional job.
Outdoor solutions is a bit rubbish.
Outdoorstaff has some bits too.
 muppetfilter 07 Sep 2011
In reply to mitchellbowen1990: What you will find in this industry like many others where there are more people looking for jobs than actual jobs the employers dont have to advertise very often. I would suggest a getting a little book with blank pages, in one half record centers and companies phone no's and email addresses and in the other half other instructors who may have info on current vacancies. The more contacts you have the more chance you will contact the employers when they are hireing...

I'm not being sarcastic but google "lake district outddor pursuits" make a polite and pleasant phone call to each and every one of the results and ask if they can help you.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...